On 9 and 10 November 2015, La Trobe Business School will be hosting the second Sport in Regional Australia Conference on the university’s Bendigo Campus.
In 2015 the conference will focus on a 360° view on sport within regional settings, including;
- What makes sport and sporting events a success outside the metro area?
- What do host towns want?
- What do sports and event owners need?
- What keeps participants happy?
- What do regional clubs need to thrive?
Speakers include Australian professional basketball player Lauren Jackson and former CEO of the Australian Football League, Andrew Demetriou.
Plus, a one stop opportunity to sell your event to host cities with our exclusive ‘Host City Speed Networking’ session.
Find the complete conference program, here.
Who should attend?
The Sport in Regional Australia conference is the only sports conference targeted to the development of sport in regional and rural communities.
Everyone involved in the sport industry and interested in growing sport throughout Australia should attend, including:
- State and local government
- Government authorities
- Regional sports assemblies
- National and state sporting organisations
- Local and regional sporting clubs and associations
- Event owners
- Sports business operators in sponsorship, event management and marketing
- Sports management, marketing or business students
Date: 9 and 10 November 2015
Venue: The Capital Theatre, 50 View Street, Bendigo VIC 3550
Register: register via the event booking page.
Further information: Please contact Associate Professor Matthew Nicholson via firstname.lastname@example.org, or (03) 5444 7905