Recently, La Trobe Business School received notification that the Master of Management Online (Human Resource Management), has officially been accredited from 2018 until 2020 by the Australian Human Resources Institute.
What does it mean to be a good HR manager?
According to AHRI, working in HR requires more than just good people skills. When evaluating a university’s course, AHRI’s National Accreditation Committee (NAC) focusses on seven key AHRI competencies for tertiary HR management courses. These are set out in their ‘HR Model of Excellence’. The competencies are based on current trends in the industry and university landscape and summarize the key aspects that drive a good HR manager. Being a good HR manager means having the following capabilities:
- Being business driven and having the ability to align people management with business objectives and the external environment,
- Setting the HR vision for the organisation and driving to success,
- Identifying and responding to stakeholder demands, as well as managing relationships,
- Building organisational capability through high performing people,
- Exercising influence and providing HR advice to achieve objectives,
- Applying expert HR knowledge to deliver value to the business,
- Facilitating change in response to internal and external operating environments.
AHRI accreditation is granted to eligible tertiary institutions by the organisation’s NAC, after an intensive reviewing process based on this HR Model of Excellence. Through these application procedures, the AHRI and the NAC strive to maintain a high standard for HR courses nationally and internationally.