The Finance Discipline at La Trobe University Business School is pleased to announce a Call for Papers for the 7th Conference on Behavioural Finance and Capital Markets inviting finance scholars, practitioners and research students to participate. The event will be held on the City Campus of La Trobe University in 360 Collins Street, Melbourne on Monday and Tuesday 25-26 of September 2017. A tour of selected boutique Yarra Valley wineries after the Conference on Wednesday 27 September will offer an opportunity for informal networking.
The Behavioural Finance and Capital Markets conference aims to bring together scholars and practitioners and to present state-of-the-art research in the fields of Behavioural Finance, Experimental Finance and Capital Markets/Market Microstructure. The conference showcases cutting-edge research by two keynote speakers who are both internationally distinguished scholars specialising in Behavioural Finances, Experimental Finance/Economics and Market Design: Prof. Peter Bossaerts (The University of Melbourne, Professor of Experimental Finance and Decision Neuroscience Honorary Fellow, Florey Institute for Neuroscience and Mental Health, previously from Caltech and the University of Utah) and Prof. Jacob Goeree (Scientia Professor, Director AGORA Centre for Market Design UNSW, previously from Caltech and the University of Zurich). The conference will also feature a unique Finance Industry Forum on the role of digital technology in financial markets. The topic of the panel discussion this year is: ‘The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Innovations, Disruptive Technologies and the Impact of the Digital Revolution on the Finance Industry’.
The Behavioural Finance and Capital Markets Conference’s objective is to facilitate the dissemination and generation of research on topical problems in Finance that are addressed from various perspectives. Presenters are encouraged to submit newly finished papers that cater to the broad audience of delegates comprised of scholars, research students, industry professionals, market regulators and policy makers. All papers presented at the 7th Behavioural Finance and Capital Markets 2017 Conference will be considered for submission to a special issue of the Pacific-Basin Finance Journal on the conference theme: Behavioural Finance and Recent Developments in Capital Markets.
Best Paper Awards
- AU$1,500 for best paper sponsored by Capital Markets CRC (www.cmcrc.com)
- AU$1,500 for the best paper using SIRCA data sponsored by SIRCA (www.sirca.org.au)
- AU$1,500 for best paper presented by a PhD student sponsored by Amery Partners Investment Management (www.amery.com.au/pages/contact_page.html)
- US$1,000 for the best paper on Asia Pacific Capital Markets sponsored by Elsevier (https://www.elsevier.com/)
Papers should be submitted by email to BFCM@latrobe.edu.au by 16 July 2017 (US Pacific Time)
Potential conference presenters are required to submit two electronic copies of their paper with the file name labelled as the full title of the manuscript (no author details are to be included within file name).
Submission details are as follows:
- Abstract: Presentation title, authors’ names, short abstract of about 100 words, primary or presenting author’s name, title, affiliation, email and address must appear on the first page with all additional authors and their affiliations. The file format is to be Microsoft Word only (.doc).
- Paper: In the full version of the paper all identifiable information of any author(s) must be excluded from the text and properties of the file saved as a pdf (.pdf) format. Presenters are required to submit two electronic copies of their paper with the file name labelled as the presentation title (no author details are to be included within file name.
Closing date for paper submissions – 16 July 2017 (US Pacific Time)
Notification of acceptance – 26 July 2017
Registration deadline for accepted authors – 16 August 2017
Faculty/Practitioner full conference registration (incl. of dinner and wine tour – AU$400)
Faculty/Practitioner single day registration (Day 1 or Day 2) conference registration – AU$150
Faculty/Practitioner (Partner) Gala Dinner or Yarra Valley wine tour registration – AU$120
PhD student full conference registration (incl. of dinner and wine tour – AU$200)
PhD student single day (Day 1 or Day 2: 9am-1pm) academic ticket – AU$75
PhD student Dinner (Day 1) or Yarra Valley wine tour registration (Day 3) – AU$100
Conference email – BFCM@latrobe.edu.au
Conference Conveners: Prof. Petko Kalev – P.Kalev@latrobe.edu.au , Associate Professor Darren Henry -D.Henry@latrobe.edu.au, Dr Jing Zhao – J.Zhao@latrobe.edu.au, Dr Lily Nguyen -Lily.Nguyen@latrobe.edu.au, Dr Doureige Jurdi – D.Jurdi@latrobe.edu.au and Dr Michael Li -M.Li@latrobe.edu.au
Co-supporters and sponsors: La Trobe University Business School, CMCRC, SIRCA, Amery Partners, OpenMarkets, FIRN, Serafino Wines and Elsevier.