On 12 December 2016, ASSC presented its professional staff awards in a ceremony held at La Trobe University’s Melbourne Campus.
These awards recognise the contributions of individual university professional staff members or teams of co-workers in the College, who have excelled in the performance of their duties, made outstanding contributions and inspired other members of the College community.
Across all categories, the university looks for nominations that demonstrate La Trobe’s cultural qualities of connected, innovative, accountable and care.
This year, several LBS staff members were nominated or awarded:
- Winner of Collaboration award: Dr Kylie White: Dr Kylie White is part of the Curriculum projects team.
- Winner of the ‘Innovation’ award: Donna Burnett: Donna Burnett is School Manager for La Trobe Business School. She won the innovation award, awarded to the staff member who develops new ideas or processes, or improves existing processes.
- Winner of the ‘Unsung Hero’ award: Adam Heron: Adam Heron is a Senior Administration Officer (Accreditation) at La Trobe Business School. This award is presented to the staff member who provides exemplary service from behind the scenes.
- Winner of the ‘Workplace Culture’ award: Donna Burnett. This award is presented to a staff member who contributes to a positive and healthy work environment.
- Special Commendation for the ‘Extra Mile’ award: Dr Kylie White. This award is given to the staff member who goes above and beyond to deliver exceptional service.
- Nominated for Collaboration award: MBA Team: The MBA team, consisting of LBS’s Belinda Westerlo, along with Hayley May and Kristy Lillyst, were nominated in the Collaboration category. This award goes to the staff member(s) who work collegially with and advocates for colleagues in or outside of the College.