La Trobe Business School would like to invite you to La Trobe University’s panel event: “Big Data and Cybersecurity: Are We Ready?”
The Australian Crime Commission estimates the annual cost of cybercrime in Australia to be more than $1 billion. At the same time there’s a severe global skills shortage in cybersecurity workers, with 1 million job vacancies expected to be advertised this year.
The exponential growth in cybercrime, and the number of jobs available in this area, has seen cybersecurity emerge as a key field requiring skilled specialists. Companies are now recognising the importance of cybersecurity and protecting their data. This panel event will explore the complex nature of data-rich industries and discuss the importance of data-driven decisions in the new age of cybersecurity.
Our panel consists of leading industry experts, La Trobe academics and representatives from our industry partners. The event will conclude with an audience question and answer session followed by drinks, canapés and the opportunity to network.
- Master of Ceremonies: Stilgherrian – freelance journalist, commentator and broadcaster
- Sandie Bradley – Executive Director Cyber Security, Australian Signals Directorate, Australian Government’s intelligence agency within the Department of Defence
- Brian Williams – Technical Product Manager of Security, Cyber Security Centre of Excellence, Optus
- Kristin Lyons – Chief Information Security Officer, Australia Post
- Professor Wenny Rahayu – Head of the School of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences, La Trobe University
Date: 26 October 2016
Time: 6pm – 8.30pm
Venue: RACV City Club, 501 Bourke St, Melbourne
Register: Please register via the La Trobe University web page, here.